US: Boundless, the leader in open and scalable GIS, today announced the launch of Boundless Learning, an intuitive platform where users can browse and search a wide array of both elearning and private instructor-led training courses on Boundless products including Boundless Server, Boundless Exchange and Boundless Desktop, as well as open source tools such as PostGIS and OpenLayers.
Boundless Learning is the one-stop shop for all open GIS learning needs. With more than 60 elearning courses on Boundless products and open source tools, the Boundless Learning platform delivers the next generation of open GIS content directly to the Boundless community, in an intuitive and fluid experience.
Key advantages of e-learning courses:
- Designed to be the right length for “just-in-time” learning needs
- Sample free learning courses, shop a la carte and buy a course at a time or subscribe and take as many as you like on demand, as well as have access to the newest additions
- Track progress and save certificates of completion
- All e-learning courses include lesson instructions with screenshots, data, and videos
Additionally, Boundless Learning delivers three new private instructor-led trainings on Boundless products and open source tools: Introduction to PostGIS, Boundless Server Essentials and Introduction to Boundless Desktop Powered by QGIS. Expert-level instructors will deliver two or four days of training through a mix of short lectures, demonstrations, exercises and challenges.
Key advantages of instructor-led trainings:
- Personalized learning brings the experts to the users
- Real-time interaction and instructor feedback for a hands-on experience in the customers’ native environment
- Low fixed costs include course workbook, data, and system setup
- Flexible training open to anyone interested in learning more about Boundless and open source in general
“Boundless is dedicated to developing the best, most accessible tools for the GIS community and the enterprise,” said Christina Hupy, Director of Education and Training at Boundless. “With the introduction of Boundless Learning, we are continuing to empower users with the resources to ensure long term success in a low cost manner so customers can focus on scaling their business.”