At GeoSmart Asia 2015, Datuk Sr Ahmad Fauzi Bin Nordin, Director General of Survey & Mapping, Department of Survey & Mapping, Malaysia, talks about JUPEM and cadastral survey activities in the country.
- JUPEM is one of the earliest agencies in Malaysia.
- JUPEM was established to perform cadastral survey activities.
- Maintains national geodetic infrastructure.
- Malaysian real-time kinematics GNSS network helps to carry out positioning work with centimeter-level accuracy.
- 78 GNSS reference stations throughout Malaysia.
- e-Cadastre addresses shortcomings of cadastral system.
- National digital cadastre database established.
- e-Mapping carried out in 2 phases; Phase 1 delivered in September 2015.
- Increased automation in mapping process.
- Multipurpose cadastre extends scope of cadastre to large-scale applications.
- Digital terrain model will be used for flood mitigation.
- Need to strike a balance between digital and paper.
- Biggest challenge is to produce updated maps.