Leica Pegasus Backpack is a mobile mapping device from Leica Geosystems as demonstrated by Alessandro Nuzzo at INTERGEO 2015
Key Features of the device:
- Can go from outdoor to indoor mapping.
- Its a unique device having camera and an IMU inside.
- Total weight of the backpack is 13 kgs.
- Whole construction is designed around the operator.
- Leica Pegasus backpack will fit perfectly in unknown areas, professional BIM documentation, mining.
- Integrated LIDAR and imagery together. With extension port, we can integrate another sensor.
- A sensor platform allows the operator to have a better overview of the environment and catch all the information needed.
- Extract information you want and export in any format possible.
- Have developed a post processing software for this.
- After extracting all the information you need, there will be a shape file that can be exported to AutoCAD.
- Have an array of semi automated tools.
- One can extract electric poles, manholes and even road signs with simple one click solution.
- For indoor mapping, there is a dedicated function called ‘change the traction’.
- Leica backpack enables to go back in time in construction sites.