Malaysia: Geospatial Media and Communications has announced the winners of Asia Geospatial Excellence Awards and Asia Geospatial Leadership Awards, at GeoSmart Asia 2017 conference, held in Putrajaya, Malaysia.
The event witnessed the first ever Asia Geospatial Leadership Awards to recognize and celebrate some of the most inspiring leaders of the geospatial industry in Asia-Pacific region. Asia Geospatial Excellence Awards were presented for exemplary innovations and practices in geospatial information and technology in Asia-Pacific region.
The awardees were felicitated at the event’s gala dinner by YB Datuk Ir. Dr. Hj. Hamim Samuri, Hon’ble Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Malaysia.
Winners of the Asia Geospatial Leadership Award are:
1. CRC for Spatial Information (CRCSI) for Commercialization of Technology
2. Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech) for Digital Infrastructure
3. International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) for Sustainable Community Development
4. PASCO Corporation as Geospatial Company of The Year
5. Professor Chen Jun for the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award
Winners of the Asia Geospatial Excellence Awards are:
1. 3D Mapping: JAXA, RESTEC, NTT DATA Corporation
2. Agriculture: University of the Philippines Diliman & Sugar Regulatory Administration
3. Citizen Engagement: National Disaster Management Authority (BNPB), Indonesia
4. Climate Adaptation: National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM)
5. Digital Engineering: AECOM Asia, MGKT and MRT Corps
6. Disaster Management: Malaysia Civil Defense Force (MCDF)
7. Land Use Management: National Land Surveying and Mapping Center, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
8. Local Governance: Negeri Sembilan State Government, Malaysia
9. Public Safety: Kemaman District Office & Telekom Malaysia
10. Smart City: City of Songdo, South Korea
11. Transport Infrastructure: Mass Rapid Transit Corporation (MRT Corp), Malaysia
About GeoSmart Asia
GeoSmart Asia is a conference and exhibition, which focuses on promoting the value of geospatial technology and applications in Asia-Pacific region. Since its inception in 2002, the forum has travelled to Thailand, Malaysia, China, Indonesia, Singapore, and Vietnam, and witnessed participation of high profile delegates from policy, technology, user, and academic communities across the region.
About Geospatial Media and Communications
Geospatial Media & Communications is the world’s largest geospatial knowledge platform. It aims to facilitate collaboration, and demonstrate the value and benefits of geospatial technology for organizations, governments, and citizens. Geospatial Media produces GeospatialWorld.net, Geospatial World Forum, and Global Geospatial Outlook report.
Harsha [@] geospatialmedia [.] net
sanskriti [@] geospatialmedia [.] net