Webraska, a provider of location-based services (LBS) and telematics applications and enabling platforms, announces the launch of the new SmartZone Geospatial Platform 2.0.
Major innovations included in this release include:
- Full support for in-car voice and GPS-enabled wireless navigation applications for on-board terminals and wireless PDAs.
- Dynamic map generation incorporating real-time colour overlays of traffic conditions and events.
- Colour map generation in MMS-compatible 4 bit gif format.
- Full support for all SmartZone Applications for web, WAP and SMS brought to the Webraska applications portfolio during the merger with AirFlash.
- New WCF data format for compression and viewing of vector map data using Webraska patent-pending advanced compression algorithm.
SmartZone Geospatial Platform support for in-car applications is achieved via the optional Vector Mapping Module. This module is used, for example, in Webraska’s patented IbDN (Internet-based Distributed Navigation) car-navigation application handling map matching, map corridor extraction and vector data compression.
Recognizing the importance of traffic information for people on the move, Webraska now enables applications to dynamically generate maps to customized zoom and scale, overlaying real-time traffic conditions. Congested routes are shaded in red or black and clear routes are shaded in green. Traffic events such as accidents, lane closures and road works are indicated with icons.
Future updates also planned for 2002 will witness acceleration in the pace of product innovation, delivering even greater raw performance, lower cost of ownership, polygon management, and multiple-stop route optimisation, as well as full implementation of the OpenLS standard and SOAP interfaces.