US: The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) announced its six winners of the 2013 USGIF Awards Programme. This year’s recipients include:
- Dover Area High School’s Geospatial Technology Programme (Academic Achievement);
- Richard M. Medina, George Mason University (Academic Research);
- Melissa Martz, NGA (Administrative/Support);
- Robert L. Arbetter, NGA (Government Achievement);
- Pixia Corp. (Industry); and
- TacSat-3 Exploitation Team (Military Achievement)
The winners received their awards during GEOINT 2013 Symposium in Tampa, Florida.
“We received a record number of nominations for the 2013 USGIF Awards Programme and the quality of the submissions was extraordinary,” said Kevin Jackson, USGIF’s Awards Subcommittee Chair. “From the curious high school student’s first glimpse into the tradecraft to our trail-blazing veterans, the contributions were significant and meaningful. In every single nomination package there is a story of commitment, passion and unwavering dedication to mission—all intended to make this world a better place.”
The USGIF Awards Programme recognises exceptional work and bright minds from all areas of the GEOINT Community. Award winners are nominated by their colleagues and selected by the USGIF Awards Subcommittee. The 2013 award winners have demonstrated great achievements in advancing the GEOINT tradecraft, said the foundation.