US: URISA, an association for GIS professionals, announced the results of its 2011 Board of Directors Election. J. Allison (Al) Butler will become President-Elect of the association and Tripp Corbin, Cindy Post and Teresa Townsend will begin their terms as members of the Board of Directors, at the close of GIS-Pro 2011: URISA’s 49th Annual Conference in Indianapolis, during November 1-4, 2011.
Al Butler, GISP is the Capital Improvement Program Manager for the City of Ocoee, Florida. After being elected, Butler said, “I will work hard to fulfil the strategic direction I described in my campaign statement: high value for the dues paid. URISA needs to make a difference in the lives of its members by building the GIS profession. I look forward to working with the other Board members, staff, the chapters and our committees. I want each member to feel like they can talk to me at any time.”
Three new directors were elected by the URISA membership to serve a three-year term on the URISA Board, also beginning in November. The three new Board members include:
– Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP – eGIS Associates, Duluth, Georgia;
– Cindy Post – University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta Canada; and
– Teresa Townsend, AICP – Planning Communities LLC, Raleigh, North Carolina.
At the close of GIS-Pro 2011 in Indianapolis the terms of service for these Board members will conclude:
– Kathrine Cargo, GISP, AICP (Immediate Past President) – Orleans Parish Communication District, New Orleans, Louisiana;
– Clare Brown, GISP – New Orleans Regional Planning Commission, New Orleans, Louisiana; and
– Karen Stewart, GISP – Esri Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
In addition, the term of recently-deceased Board member, Mike Lovett would have also concluded on November 4, 2011.