Tripod Data Systems (TDS) has released version 3.1 of both SOLO Field for Windows CE and SOLO Office. The new version of the popular GIS/mapping software lets GIS users link images, video clips or wave files to attributes and play them back in the field. In version 3.1, users can also change the colour, line width or symbol of logged and waypoint data so that it can easily be distinguished from base map data.
“We’ve added significant new bells and whistles with SOLO CE 3.1,” said Chaur-Fong Chen, GIS division manager. “For example, now SOLO users who work with depth finders, volt meters or other devices with serial ports will find that SOLO can import that information directly into the attribute fields in their data collection forms.”
Additional new capabilities of version 3.1 include:
- displaying DGN vector files as basemaps
- navigating along a route defined by a series of nodes instead of being
- aiding navigation through a scaled GPS position cursor
- exporting to 3-D Shapefiles
- creating pick list menu entries by reading them from a text file, either on the PC or at run-time on the data collector
limited to single-point or two-point navigation
Pricing and availability
SOLO 3.1 is a free upgrade for users of SOLO Field for Windows CE 3.0 or SOLO Office 3.0. SOLO 3.1 is available now through authorized TDS dealers.