US: Trimble recently introduced its new Water Add Meters (WAM) and an upgraded Drum Rotation Sensor for ready mix construction fleets. The announcement was made at the World of Concrete.
“These solutions will enable fleets to not only improve how they monitor the quality and consistency of their ready mix product but will also help them to streamline equipment troubleshooting and maintenance,” said Jeff Van Grootel, director of product management for Trimble Construction Logistics.
The new WAM300 and WAM350 are designed to accurately measure and control the amount of water added to specific concrete mixes. Both the 300 and 350 feature several improvements, including:
- A thick brass core, which greatly increases freeze tolerance if water is accidentally left in the lines
- Field-replaceable endcaps that help prevent damage to the meter
- New enhanced cabling for increased reliability and serviceability
- An easy-to-read digital display on the WAM350 meter
The Drum Rotation Sensor measures speed, direction and rotation count of the mixer drum to determine when “begin load” and “begin pour” status occurs. The latest version includes a variety of enhancements:
- A new connection between the sensor and cable, so that each can be replaced independently. Previous versions featured the sensor and cable as a single unit
- LED status indicator lights to easily identify drum trigger points and to improve troubleshooting and ensure proper alignment with the drum ring
- Rugged, stainless steel mounting brackets for improved reliability and resistance to damage during the cleaning and washing of the mixer drum
“Our focus is to continuously provide our ready mix customers with technology that can enable them to transform and improve efficiencies in their operations,” said Van Grootel. “Not only do these tools provide visibility into how they do business but they are also tough enough to withstand the demanding conditions these fleets operate in.”