London, UK: Telmap announced the availability of a special edition of Telmap Navigator for Palm webOS, allowing Telmap’s location-based services solution to be accessed on Palm Pre and Palm Pre Plus devices.
As part of Telmap’s strategy to optimise its solution on many operating systems, the Palm webOS edition follows successful launches on iPhone, BlackBerry, Symbian, BREW, Android, and Windows Mobile and will allow for webOS users to enjoy the popular Telmap Navigator solution.
Telmap Navigator for Palm webOS will enable users to be set-up and navigating within seconds. It provides users with real-time, relevant and localized service and some of its key features include:
– A winning application: All-in-one solution including in-car navigation, dedicated pedestrian navigation, local search and content
– Real-time turn-by-turn navigation with 3D moving maps, voice and text instructions announcing street names
– Real-time, live traffic alerts with alternative route options
– Points of Interests information such as gas stations and parking lots along the way
– Full route corridor download that’s conducted at the beginning of the navigation session, enabling quick and seamless re-routing when necessary with no need to re-connect to the server.
The solution will be available first to webOS users on the O2 Germany network, and the solution will include German local content and services such as Lonely Planet and speed enforcement zone warnings. Telmap Navigator is expected to be available for webOS users on other networks in the near future.