August 5, 2002 Tatuk GIS has announced the release of version 7.0 of the Developer Kernel (DK) VCL toolkit for Borland Delphi/C++Builder. The version 7.0 release introduces many new features, including: a single visual layer/legend/property control for all aspects of the map appearance, topological operations functionality, pie and bar charts/graphs, distance scale control, writing to the MIF and DXF formats (as well as to the SHP format), reading the DGN, improved reading of and writing to SQL layers, improved quarrying of any SQL database supporting ADO/ODBC or DBX, support of C++Builder 6.0, and many other smaller improvements.
Leading features of the TatukGIS Developer Kernel toolkit:
– Object API providing access to approximately 2,200 public/protected functions and 120 classes
– Supports the leading GIS, CAD, and pixel formats: SHP, EOO, MIF/MID, TAB, DXF, DGN, TIGER, SQL, TIFF/GeoTIFF, JPEG, BMP, SPOT, TatukGIS PixelStore (for SQL-based pixel coverages)
– SQL-based vector coverages for top speed with very large files
– A single visual layer/legend/property control for all aspects of the map appearance
– WKT/WKB geometry support
– Topological operations, such as buffers, intersections, unions, etc.
– Compatibility with any SQL database supporting via ADO/ODBC or DBX
– R-Tree spatial indexing
– Advanced pixel layer operations, such as histograms equalizations, color coding, layer transparency, etc.
– Thematic mapping, custom rendering, scale control
– Pie and bar charts
– Advanced editing
– GPS, geocoding, and optimal routing
– CGM and TrueType symbols for points and lines; CGM, TrueType, and WMF symbols for fills
– Advanced label placement, overlap avoidance
– Universal support of language characters (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, etc.)
– 26 projections, approximately 225 datums, 50 ellipsoids
– Free of all Dynamic Library Links and 3rd party libraries, resulting in user applications that are easy to install and uninstall
– VCL based applications compile into a single executable file
– Modern, free of software legacy limitations
– Very small footprint and extremely fast
– Guarantee, support, and upgrades for first year at no additional charge.