Irrigation Mobile Survey System is applied by Chang Hua Irrigation Association, Taiwan, to plan irrigation facilities such as irrigation canals and drainage channel, and to query, orient, and measure the relative facilities.
SuperGIS Mobile Engine is the core of Irrigation Mobile Survey System. With various GIS components and highly flexible development structures provided by SuperGIS Mobile Engine, developers can customise numerous buttons on toolbars, forms, etc to meet users’ needs and to simplify the developing procedures. Moreover, since the association provides mobile devices for surveyors, each mobile device installed the system facilitates surveyors to do outdoor survey. SuperGIS Mobile Engine not only assists developers to develop the system effectively and flexibly but also reduces the cost of development to extensively deploy the systems to mobile devices.
The friendly interface of Irrigation Mobile Survey System enables surveyors to complete the following tasks:
- GIS basic manipulations, such as zoom in/out, panning, adding layers, etc.
- Orientation Query, such as intersections, landmarks, cadastral, channels, etc.
- Statistics analysis allows developers to measure irrigation area, cadastral area, channel length, and so on.
- Data management assists users to query and maintain the data, such as irrigation facilities, works data, financial data, and also enables users to print statement and location map.
- Camera function. With the activated GPS in PDA, as the user is taking pictures, the system can record the user’s coordinates and add a point feature on the map to create a corresponding image layer. Then, users can display the picture by hyperlink.