13 December 2006, Norcross, USA – Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging has announced the launch of Leica ArcGIS Extensions, Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS 9.2 and Image Analysis for ArcGIS 9.2.
The new product Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS 9.2 features:
– Photogrammetry Project Support: ArcCatalog Support for Photogrammetry Projects; Photogrammetry Project Repair & Localization; Photogrammetry Project Importer; 3D Parallel Collection; 3D Trace Tool; 3D Reshape Tool
– Enhanced Coordinate System Support: Horizontal Coordinate Systems; Vertical Coordinate System Property Page; Coordinate System Transformations in Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS
– Oriented Image Information Property Page: 3D Snap Performance Improvement; 3D Snap User Interface Enhancements; 3D Snap Tab Content Changes; New Snap Type Toggle Commands; 3D Snap Property Page; 3D Snap Editor Property Page
– Enhanced SOCET SET Support
– ADS40 Support
– Improved Terrain Following Cursor Feedback
The updated capabilities and enhancements have been designed keeping mapping agencies in mind. From the makers of Leica Photogrammetry Suite, Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS is a stereo feature collection and update tool built on the ArcGIS platform.
Requiring only the extension and ArcGIS itself, the software is designed to make it affordable for agencies and companies to deploy a number of licenses on workstations for users focused on feature extraction. With this release, the support for various photogrammetry package formats has been extended and the software’s support for extremely large datasets improved.
Image Analysis for ArcGIS, a tool for extracting updated information from imagery directly into a database, has also been enhanced to enable all of the extension’s image processing functions as geoprocessing functions. Enabling the processes in ArcToolbox allows the individual functions to be strung together to complete a workflow.
For example, a model could be created to import, color balance and mosaic set of images. In addition to the geoprocessing functions, the software can perform single frame orthorectification with images from cameras or satellite sources and create “oriented” images to feed into Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS.
Image Analysis for ArcGIS and Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS are currently available for download from the Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging Web site. Shipping will begin in the first quarter of 2007.