Space Imaging has announced that it has named Jurukur Perunding Services Sdn. Bhd. (“Jurukur Perunding”) (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) as the 2001 Global Reseller of the Year. The award was presented yesterday during Space Imaging’s Global Reseller conference, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Jurukur Perunding was selected for this award from among more than 250 global resellers. The key criteria for the award selection were excellent account standing and bookings volume for the fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2001.
Founded in 1974, Jurukur Perunding is one of the most established and experienced survey, mapping and remote sensing firms in Malaysia and Southeast Asia, serving clients from the national, state, and local authorities and private sectors such as MACRES, Petronas, Shell & Universiti Putra Malaysia. Jurukur Perunding integrates modern geographic information system (GIS) techniques to produce a wide range of products and consulting services, including: photogrammetry; digital mapping and terrain modeling; data capture, conversion and processing for GIS/CADD; software development, and solutions for land, hydrographic, cadastral and aerial surveying.
Four Reseller of the Year awards were also presented to the leading reseller in each of four geographic regions – Asia-Pacific; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); Latin America; and the United States and Canada. The criteria for these awards were the same as for the Global Reseller of the Year and the recipients were:
- Jurukur Perunding for Asia–Pacific;
- Infoterra (Farnborough, United Kingdom) for EMEA;
- RLDA Surveying and Mapping (San Juan, Puerto Rico) for Latin America; and
- EarthSat (Earth Satellite Corporation, Rockville, MD) for North America.
In addition, Space Imaging’s sales directors presented a Director’s Award to four organizations for outstanding performance in 2001. The criteria for these awards included return on investment from marketing efforts, percentage of growth from fiscal year 2000, major initiatives to increase sales and IKONOS promotional efforts. The winners within each respective region were:
- PT Transavia Informatika Pratama (Jakarta, Indonesia);
- Gessellschaft Fkur Angewandte Fernerkundung mbH (GAF AG) (Munich, Germany);
- Soluciones Integrales GIS, C.A. (SIGIS) (Caracas, Venezuela); and
- Pangaea Information Technologies, Ltd. (Chicago, Ill.).