US: As a response to the unpredictable nature of disasters, Planet is now offering “monitoring on-demand” imagery that is tailor-made to cater to the needs of government agencies, humanitarian organizations, and commercial enterprises.
Before and immediately after a disaster strikes, customers can begin quickly accessing pre-event imagery and post-event imagery. Planet’s continuous monitoring of the planet means it typically has the most recent pre-event imagery available.
Planet’s new solution offers disaster response organizations a number of key benefits over traditional approaches:
- Rapid, “On-Demand” Monitoring provides near-real-time data before, during, and after a disaster – enabling a more persistent understanding of events.
- Simplified Contracting and Procurement ensures customers only pay for what they need when they need it.
- Seamless API Integration enables imagery to be seamlessly and reliably integrated into existing workflows.
- Targeted Time Frame enables customers to zero in on a specific time frame – from days to months – that matters most to your efforts.
- Optional High-Resolution SkySat Imagery to obtain sub-meter resolution detail to assess ground conditions and direct relief efforts.
- Early Access to new disaster-response features, benefits, and analytical tools as they become available.
The solution has several offerings: a “Single Geography” option designed for organizations that respond to disasters and emergencies in a pre-defined area of interest (such as civilian disaster agencies, insurers, and corporations); and a “Multiple Geography” option for those that respond to disasters around the world, regardless of where they occur (such as national and international NGOs).