Ordnance Survey of UK has set its business performance benchmark over this financial year.
In summary, the targets are:
· to achieve an operating profit before interest and dividends of £5.8m for the financial year 1 April 2005 to 31 March 2006
· to represent 99.6% of significant real world features in the database within 6 months of completion
· to continuously improve the timeliness of the supply of data to customers by processing and dispatching at least 95% of orders within agreed timescales
· to achieve cost efficiencies in our data collection activities averaging at least 5.5% per annum over the period April 2003 to March 2006
· to reduce carbon emissions from Ordnance Survey Headquarters by 26% against the base year of 2000-01
· to increase product sales by at least 5% via customer transactions through Ordnance Survey Options and OS Leisure Map shop e-channels.
Ordnance Survey’s Director General and Chief Executive, Vanessa Lawrence, says: “The targets are closely associated with our key business aims and we will ensure that we meet or exceed them so that we can satisfy both the national interest and the needs of our customers.”