USA – The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce release of OpenLayers 2.7.
As always, the source is available at https://openlayers.org/download/.
This release features a number of major developments, including:
- Vector-Behavior: Strategies, Protocols, Filters
- Improved Vector rendering for better performance
- Canvas rendering class
- Z-Ordering and Y-Ordering for Vector layers
- New Basic Measurement Control
- New OpenLayers.Request interface for AJAX
- Smarter Popups
… and tons of other new features and bug fixes that you can see detailed here:
Furthermore, they announce two new additions to the AddIns directory! Yes, it is an exciting day for everyone in the OpenLayers Community. Please take the time to check out:
- Bookmark Control — Allows user a simple way to ‘bookmark’ locations on the map and navigate to them. (Author: hpbrantley, URL: https://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Addins/Bookmark)
- Loading Panel — Provides a convenient and sexy animated status monitor so users know their layers are loading (Author: bartvde, URL: https://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Addins/LoadingPanel)
Even they have a nice new UML Diagram to help people out with understanding the new classes in 2.7 and their relationships.