Nobeltec Corporation, developer of marine navigation software and data, announced the release of the much-anticipated Visual Navigation Suite (VNS) 7.0. “VNS 7.0 has new features like the Day RouteWizard, an all new PlanBook and NavBar, the ability to easily create boundary or exclusion zones, and a one-click Split Screen button. The software also received a major face-lift and introduces a completely redesigned user interface (UI) that places important features and information just a click away, making it easy than ever to use, ” stated Shepard Tucker, Director of Sales and Marketing. The software is $489.99 SRP from Nobeltec or qualified dealers. Current Nobeltec Software users (5.0 and later) can upgrade for $199.99.
New Nobeltec 7.0 Features Include:
· New Day RouteWizard(TM). This tool makes creating routes as easy as 1-2-3! Simply click your starting and ending waypoints, enter in route parameters such as depth settings and exclusions zones, and the Wizard will automatically draw the route for you. Feature is enhanced with the purchase of high-resolution Passport Bathy Maps.
· Enhanced ETA Calculator. The new integrated ETA Calculator now automatically attaches tide and current stations for you automatically so that best and worst departure times are easily calculated. In addition, by inputting your vessels speed over water, the ETA Calculator also calculates fuel consumption based on tide and current values. These new improvements eliminate the guesswork and will save you time and money.
· New NavBar. The NavBar provides quick access to the information you need most. Tabs such as Tides & Currents, Man Overboard and Weather can all be viewed with a click of the mouse. The Active Mark tab shows important information for your active route, including ETA and TTG to any waypoint. This tab displays critical navigation warning without covering your chart.
· New Toolbars and Navigation Console. The redesigned Toolbars and Navigation Console give all Nobeltec Navigation software an entirely new look and feel for easier operation. Choose from three different button sizes, including extra large buttons for rough water navigation. Customize the console so that it displays the information you rely on most.
· New Planbook. The new and improved Planbook makes planning routes and adding or deleting marks simple and easier than ever before. Create and manage all your routes, marks, tracks and boundaries in one place. What’s more, all tide and current links are now accessible on a single screen.
· New Printing Capabilities. Overall print quality has been dramatically improved and now includes a Trip Tick option. Now you can make your trip more safe by having paper back ups of what’s on your screen or of your entire route.
In addition to all these great features, Nobeltec 7.0 contains Tides and Currents data for 2003, which includes new and updated NOAA data for many locations previously unavailable. Also included are new and improved low-resolution 3D bathymetric maps, USB Dongle support and simplified 3D Navigator mode.
In conjunction with the new software release, Nobeltec launched their new corporate website www.nobeltec.com. The new website has all the latest product information, an upgrade center and a section called My Nobeltec for Nobeltec users to buy and update charts.