Las Vegas, US: Tele Atlas unveiled the latest version of its database, MultiNet 2010.03. With more than 32 million kilometres (20 million miles), Tele Atlas maps claim to cover more roads, more countries and more people than any other available map, with comprehensive location and navigation content of 95 countries and territories in Europe, North and South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
The latest maps feature the addition of gradient data based on anonymous GPS measurements on approximately 95,000 kilometres (59,000 miles) of roads in North America and 225,000 kilometres (140,000 miles) of major roads across Europe, a 400 percent increase in Europe in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) compliant coverage from the product’s initial release in January 2010.
Peter Davie, director of product management, Tele Atlas, said, “Our strategy is to deliver the highest quality and most up-to-date location and navigation content available. We continue to invest in critical geographies, as well as build out more advanced features in developing markets. By delivering new products and offerings, including innovations based on community input, we are able to meet our global customer needs and deliver the content that will differentiate their offerings.”
With the latest release of MultiNet, Tele Atlas has also further enhanced the content for its ADAS compliant products. Tele Atlas ADAS is designed to bring a new level of quality to eco-routing and vehicle safety applications, helping drivers save money and better protect themselves and their families. It is the first gradient and curvature enhancement data product to use community input and other authoritative sources as the basis for ADAS solutions.
The latest release also features notable updates around the world, including:
– Content to enable key functionality such as address locating with house number expansion in the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
– Expanded coverage, including the recently announced navigable maps of Ukraine which cover the country’s complete major and interconnecting road networks, the creation and expansion of street network and fully-attributable coverage in Russia.
– New availability of map coverage for Uruguay and for Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Mali and Mauritania in Africa.
– Augmented attribution for approximately 52,000 kilometres (32,000 miles) in Germany and 30,000 kilometres (18,600 miles) in Spain to enable appropriate routing that helps keep drivers off undesirable roads, such as logging roads.
– Delivery of the first Address Point product in Russia to identify the precise location of destinations for spatial analysis and application display.
– Rich content to enhance Tele Atlas Urban Maps, including additional metro station points of interest (POIs) and pedestrian walkways in Greece, Italy and Germany, and
– More advanced database features such as signposts and speeds in South Africa and the Middle East, including United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Source: Tele Atlas