Emergency and natural resource managers, industry, educators, bushwalkers and travellers will benefit from a new DVD mapping resource available from Geoscience Australia.
Called NATMAP Digital Maps 2008, it replaces both NATMAP Raster 2005 and NATMAP Raster Premium 2005 products.
The two DVD set has a number of innovative features, including:
- all 1:250 000 scale NATMAPs up to July 2006
- Landsat 7 satellite imagery
- information from the 2006 Gazetteer of Australia, which now includes more than 322,000 place names
- a split view tool which allows two maps or a map and satellite image to be viewed and compared side by side
- a transition viewer to allow one map to be placed over another with a variable transparency slide tool
- a revised viewer to improve utility and reliability.
NATMAP Digital Maps 2008 is compatible with select navigation software and can be used to provide backdrops for geographic information systems (GIS) where information is overlaid and analysed for activities such as emergency response planning and natural resource management.
For travel and recreation, map-based presentations, education and general interest, NATMAP Digital Maps 2008 is an invaluable tool to develop relevant up-to date maps.
To purchase NATMAP Digital Maps 2008, contact our Sales Centre, Freecall 1800 800 173 (in Australia) or +61 2 6249 9966, or email: [email protected]. Price is $99 including GST.
For more information visit NATMAP Digital Maps 2008