Home News Murphy to complete seismic survey of Suriname

Murphy to complete seismic survey of Suriname

USA: Arkansas-based Murphy Oil plans to complete a 3D seismic survey on offshore block 37 in Suriname this quarter, company president and CEO David Wood announced, according to BNamericas. Interpretation work and the mapping of prospects will follow, Wood said in a webcast. Murphy has an 80 percent working interest in the block and Suriname’s state oil company Staatsolie the remaining 20 percent under a production sharing contract. “Initial wildcat drilling on this block could take place as soon as 2010,” he added.