Aug. 20, MicroOLAP Technologies Company has announced the release of EasyMap Components (EasyMap VCL), a library of VCL components for creating your own GIS-related solutions.
EasyMap allows creating GIS (Geographic Information System) applications using Borland Delphi/C++Builder. The main advantage of EasyMap is that it doesn’t require external GIS system such as MapInfo, MapX, WinGis, ArcView and so on.
EasyMap VCL is an easier, flexible, powerful and fast way of development GIS applications with Borland Delphi/C++Builder.
Using EasyMap VCL you are able to build really thin and easy distributable GIS applications. EasyMap allows you to implement basic features of GIS in your applications:
- MIF/MID vector maps displaying in Longitude/Latitude projection;
- Map objects related data in grid or tabular controls displaying;
- ZoomIn/ZoomOut/Pan/Selector map tools;
- Layers management.
Major features of EasyMap Library:
- Advanced and scalable object model: You can manage the map and its
objects in object-oriented style, add your own geographic objects
- EasyMap is independent from certain GIS system: you can create map
layers and objects dynamically at run-time;
- There are no difference where data is located: in ASCII files
(MIF/MID), external or internal DBMS (Microsoft SQL, Sybase,
Oracle, DB/2, Interbase, Microsoft Access — using native or third
party DB aware components) or in files with your own format;
- EasyMap provides you with basic tools (ZoomIn, ZoomOut, Pan,
Selector, etc) and ability to retrieve object data as set of
properties (CurrentTool, CenterX, CenterY, Zoom, etc), events
(OnAddSelection, OnAddLayer, etc) and methods (MapToScreen,
- Using EasyMap Library components (TEasyMap, TLayerControl,
TLayersComboBox, TDataBrowser) you can build own GIS solution with
minimal efforts and in shortest time;
- Current version supports Longitude/Latitude projections and
types and map managing elements;