Gulfport, MS, USA – The Mississippi Association for Spatial Technologies (MAST), a non-profit organisation that promotes, educates, and provides assistance in professional development for the use and application of spatial technology in the state of Mississippi, has announced its incoming Board of Directors. The board, which serves a term of two years, is chosen at the annual meeting, and manages the affairs and business of MAST.
Incoming MAST Board Members include:
• Roger Colwell, Business Development/GIS Analyst with Hartman Engineering, Inc.
• David Hansen, GIS Analyst with Southern Mississippi Planning and Development District.
• David Holt, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Geography with University of Southern Mississippi. David is also serving as the new MAST Vice President.
• Heath Prejean, GIS Technical Lead with the Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services.
• Scott Samson, Ph. D., Associate Extension Professor and Geospatial Extension Specialist with Mississippi State University’s Geosystems Research Institute.
• Lisa Stone, Associate Director for the Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions.
Remaining officers also on the board include: Paul Barnes, MAST President. Paul is the GIS Manager for the Southern Mississippi Planning and Development District; Mike Miller, MAST Secretary. Mike is the Senior GIS Analyst for the City of Gulfport; and Heidi Roberts, MAST Treasurer. Heidi is a Geospatial Developer with NVision Solutions, Inc.
MAST members include software developers, environmental technicians & managers, economic developers, facility managers, oceanographers, city & county planners, tax mappers, 911 Coordinators, GIS specialists and more. Members are offered the opportunity to meet and network with people in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) related fields.