Toronto, Canada, 1 January 2007 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop, has announced the release of MAPublisher 7.2 for Adobe Illustrator CS and CS2. MAPublisher 7.2 is the latest version of this mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data.
MAPublisher 7.2 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product update that is free to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher 7.1 for all new customers.
MAPublisher 7.2 includes all the significant new functionality introduced in MAPublisher 7.0 including a new intelligent labeling engine, new grid, graticules and scalebar generators, new and improved MAP attributes engine with expression builder, advanced selection filters and support for double-byte character sets, as well as the following new features and enhancements:
Features of MAPublisher 7.2 for Adobe Illustrator:
— Enhanced MAP Indexing
– Cell entries for a feature are now alphabetized and on a single line.
– Entries which fall directly on a grid line are not omitted.
— Enhanced Image Registration
– Linked images within non-standard document sizes are now supported.
– Linked GeoTiff images are now supported.
– Images with TAB reference files and rubber sheeting information are now supported.
— Enhanced Grids and Graticules
– Functionality has been added to allow for the omission of grid/graticule labels in the first and last rows and columns.
– Results from edits to a character style which have been applied to a grid/graticule now immediately reflected in the grid/graticule.
– About Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is a privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.