For MapInfo and ESRI users it has never been easier to use USGS topographic maps. No more exporting or reprojecting headaches. No need to keep track of hundreds of CDs. MapServer GIS will pay for itself in time savings, increased productivity, simplicity, and greater accuracy. And it will save you money over buying USGS DRGs. MapServer GIS is a special version of Maptech’s MapServer Professional but it’s specifically configured for MapInfo and ESRI users.
MapServer GIS is available with over 59,000 topo maps covering the entire US – delivered on a “plug-and-play” Snap Server for immediate use with both MapInfo and ESRI ArcGIS products over a corporate network. The IT staff will welcome the easy installation, the slim profile and the quick hook-up to the network.
Select the map coverage to fit your organization’s needs. Maptech offers different versions based on the client’s requirements. Standard areas of coverage include the entire US or any 100, 50 or 30 topographic map regions.
- — MapServer GIS topo maps are scanned at 400 dpi and then compressed to 160 dpi for the best combination of map clarity and file size. The maps look better than DRGs, they take up less disk space, and are seamless for side-by- side viewing.
- Select a datum (NAD27 or NAD83) and a coordinate system (UTM or State Plane) that match your ESRI or MapInfo project.
- The maps are useful right out of the box with MapInfo and ESRI’s ArcGIS applications. The maps are compatibly with both newer and older versions of MapInfo and ESRI Products. MapServer GIS provides TIFF files with MapInfo TAB and ESRI TFW world files.
- Maptech updates the digital topo database regularly and provides map updates to customers automatically every quarter for three years and offers a low-cost update subscription option.
- The USGS does not offer an update subscription for DRGs and their updates are not regular.