Home News Maps updated for national census of Bolivia

Maps updated for national census of Bolivia

Bolivia: The director of the National Institute of Statistics (INE), Ricardo Laruta, confirmed that around 60 percent of the maps of National Park and Indigenous Territory Isiboro Secure (TIPNIS), Bolivia, have been updated, for the National Census of Population and Housing to be held in November this year. The director said that remaining 40 percent updation will be completed till the end of September.

“All of the Tipnis has been covered already in the Mapping Update INE in a percentage close to 60 percent. We need 40 percent that has to do with the northern Tipnis, we hope that by next week mapping indicators will be updated, “said Laruta.

The INE is scheduled to complete the information till September 21 in all regions of the country to facilitate teams conducting the census on November 21.

Source: Los Tiempos