Map Maker Pro 2 has won customers in 100 countries since its launch in 1996. Map Maker Pro 2.4, the last major upgrade, was released 2 years ago. Now a completely new version of the program, Map Maker Pro 3 including Map Maker Gratis – a unique free GIS – is available as a
compact download from https://www.mapmaker.com/.
Map Maker Gratis, designed for the GIS novice, is more than just a viewer. It is a powerful program for raster and vector map creation and editing with thematic mapping, data-linking and printing capabilities. Map Maker Gratis users can upgrade to Map Maker Pro 3 as they require
more functions. Map Maker Pro users can distribute their map projects freely and widely via Map Maker Gratis.
Map Maker Pro 3 for cartography and GIS includes:
- Wide range of user-definable fill styles, including symbol fills and multi-coloured hatching.
- User-definable symbols.
- Curved, stretched, and outline text and other text effects.
- Point-and-click to pop-up images, documents and internet links.
- Intuitive cutting and joining of polygons.
- Single-click flood-fill vector polygon creation.
- Raster and vector rubber sheeting.
- Trim raster and vector to polygons.
- “Spaghetti processing”, converting lines to polygons.
- Polygon creation from overlapping polygons.
- Use data from Microsoft Access, Excel, or dBase files to colour up a map or determine symbols.
- Link data queries seamlessly to Microsoft Access forms or Lotus Approach Forms.
- Simple tools for measuring areas and lengths.
- Numerous spatial queries such as “contained in polygon”, “within x distance of line” etc.
- Create and query buffer zones.
- Download GPS waypoints and tracks or capture live data
- * Ortho-rectify aerial photography using GPS control points.
- Import a wide range of vector data including ArcView SHP, MapInfo MIF, AutoCAD DXF, USGS DRG, Ordnance Survey NTF, Ordnance Survey MasterMap (GML) etc.
- View BMP, TIF, Geo-Tiff, JPG, and ECW raster data.
- 250 page on-line manual