Norcross, USA, 7 March 2007 – Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging has announced the launch of Leica Ortho Accelerator (LOA), offering a streamlined orthophoto production environment.
Leica Ortho Accelerator (LOA) was developed to speed up the rate and accuracy with which digital orthophotos are produced. It is a CuePac add-on to GeoCue, which is a geospatial process management system.
With orthorectification and mosaicking capabilities, Leica Ortho Accelerator takes advantage of the distributed and scheduled workflow processing capabilities provided by GeoCue. It also contains various modules providing capabilities such as multi-user access to the same project, distributed processing, production step cuing and several other benefits.
“The strategic partnership between Leica Geosystems and GeoCue Corporation (NIIRS10) is creating unique, innovative technology in the area of photogrammetry,” stated Bob Morris, President of Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging. “This enterprise-enabled integrated system is the first of its kind creating project based workflows.”
Benefits of LOA include:
– LOA is highly scalable, with benefits for large or small organizations
– Distributed processing increases throughput, allowing operators to focus on other tasks
– Distributed processing harnesses the processing power of several CPU nodes to achieve greater throughput
– Using processing nodes instead of full photogrammetric workstations represents lower costs
– Real-time and accurate status updates of all processing computers as the project progresses. This is beneficial for managing large projects.
Leica Ortho Accelerator is currently available for download from the Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging Web site and is now shipping.