US: Following the success of the 2009 edition, LBS LATAM returns in 2010 to continue the discussions and thought provoking market topics of interest. The conference will be held in Coral Gables, Florida, during May 6 – 7.
Latin America is already experiencing benefits from the implementation of location-based services (LBS). However many consumers are still not adopting these services. The reasons are numerous: low mobile broadband penetration, high handset prices, privacy issues and unresolved business models, among others.
But the possibility of LBS becoming the golden value added services (VAS) and in a massive scale is getting closer and it promises important revenues to all the value chain. The event includes following topics for the discussion:
– Marketplace and opportunities in mature and emergent markets.
– LBS and browsing: a promising revenue society.
– Location data application for different targets: tourism guides, job research, social network, security, traditional browsing and business applications.
– Technical options, latest technologies, tendencies and business cases.
– Exploring LBS data for advertisement and marketing, branding strategies and direct marketing.
– Opportunities in vertical markets as retailers, health, security and transport.
– Regulation, privacy and consumer data protection.
Source: LBS LATAM