Internet Pictures Corporation has begun shipping the new iPIX Mapping System. iPIX Mapping System is a complete software solution for the creation of maps enriched with geo-referenced iPIX 360-degree immersive images.
iPIX Mapping System combines GeoBuilder, iPIX’s new automated immersive image creation software, with powerful geo-referenced map creation software from Red Hen Systems. The software automatically locates GPS coded iPIX images into interactive maps. Fusing iPIX immersive images, traditional still images and geo-positioning data, iPIX Mapping System creates information rich maps compatible with GIS industry standards and can be viewed on the Internet as well.
Sample applications for iPIX Mapping include:
- Emergency / First Responder Planning
- Military / Surveillance
- Natural Resource / Park / Land Management
- Facilities Documentation / Asset Inventory Mapping
- Commercial / Residential Real Estate
- Crime Scene / Accident Scene Investigation
- Man-made / Natural Disaster Mapping
Key features and benefits include:
- Create iPIX maps that include iPIX immersive images, still images, video, sound, key points or interest markers, and links to documents.
- Shorten lead times and increase productivity for new or updated maps.
- Cable-free operation with GPS units from Garmin, Magellan and others.
- Compatible with popular GIS software that supports .TAB and .SHP formats.
- Direct HTML output for Internet / Intranet viewing.
The iPIX Mapping System is available directly from iPIX for $5000. The license provides for an unlimited number of iPIX immersive images and complete mapping software and is renewable for $3000 annually.