The Indian state of Telangana’s Minister of Information Technology and Industries K.T. Rama Rao will inaugurate the ninth ICT4D Conference, which is being held in Hyderabad, India for the first time from May 15 to May 18. The dynamic conference will include the multi-disciplinary gathering of visionary and inspiring leaders, thought-provoking speakers, and enthusiastic participants from around the world. The conference will throw light on various innovations in the technology sector and how this helps in making a measurable difference in millions of people’s lives.
Under the theme — ‘From Innovation to Impact’, the ICT4D Conference will bring together public, private and civil society organizations from across the humanitarian and international development communities. The focus will be to not only discuss the latest trends in digital inclusion but the wider use of data to support achievement of the global Sustainable Development Goals. There will be a host of sessions in line with the eight conference tracks – Agriculture, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Disaster Management, Environmental Protection, Partnerships and Cross Sector Solutions, Data-driven Adaptation, and Digital Financial Inclusion.
Confirmed speakers include:
- India Minister of Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha
- The Indian state of Minister for IT and Industries Telangana K.T. Rama Rao
- World Vision India CEO Cherian Thomas
- World Vision International Chief Information Security Officer Al Lutz
- IBM Watson Group IBM Master Inventor Neil Sahota
- Anudip Foundation CEO Dipak Basu
- iMerit Technology Solutions CEO Radha Basu
- NetHope CEO Lauren Woodman
- Cloud & Enterprise, Microsoft Principal Director Prashant Gupta
- Google Earth Director Rebecca Moore
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Overseas Operations Executive VP Schuyler Thorup
- Digital Impact Alliance CEO Kate Wilson
- Accenture (India) Geographic Services Managing Director Ajay Vij
- Cyient Executive Chairman Dr BVR Mohan Reddy
- ICRISAT Director-General Dr David Bergvinson
- Dalberg Data Insights Co-Founder and Managing Partner Frederic Pivetta
- Esri Non-profit and Global Organisations Account Manager Chuck Conley
For more information on speakers and registrations visit ict4dconference.org
The 2017 ICT4D Conference will focus on the ways in which technology solutions are allowing us to harness the power of data in accelerating the achievement of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Approximately 1,000 individuals are expected to attend the conference —technical experts from a myriad of disciplines, representatives of governmental, non-governmental and private sector organizations, and individuals from countries across the globe.