The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is inviting application for the post of Director General.
ICIMOD is an organization that plays a critical role in how the region addresses challenges in the HKH, and how the global community will respond to protect this global asset. ICIMOD plays a key role in developing solutions, fostering collaboration across countries, and engaging with the global community on HKH issues. The Director General plays a key leadership role to engage partners to rise to these challenges.
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate contracted for a five-year term with the possibility of renewal for an additional term. The Director General will be based in ICIMOD’s Headquarters in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Key responsibilities include providing direction of ICIMOD’s overall operations and governance, human resources management, financial management and administration.
She/he is expected to ensure positive and supportive relationships with the Board members and the institutions they represent, all of whom are essential to the Centre’s success. Since the Board approves all annual programme plans, budgets, policies, and risk management strategies, the Director General is responsible to ensure that those are prepared punctually and comprehensively and communicated effectively.
The Director General gives strategic direction and leadership to the pursuit of ICIMOD’s vision and mission, raises funds, and holds overall responsibility for the accomplishment of the Centre’s strategic impacts and results and the effective management of its resources. She/he works closely with the ICIMOD Support Group and regional member countries for ensuring long-term funding for the Centre.
Qualifications, skills and experience desired for the of Director General are
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Experience in managing research and development programmes and institutions
- In-depth knowledge of the main development and policy issues facing countries in the HKH region
- Skills and knowledge in resource mobilisation and financial strategy developmen
- At least fifteen years’ relevant experience, which will include at least five years of experience working in the region and ten years as a senior manager
- Experience leading within a large international organisation
- Experience in interacting with senior decision makers, government officials and Boards
- Ability to act as a visionary leader for ICIMOD
- Ability to adapt and respond and to promote a culture of adaptability and responsiveness throughout the institution
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills
- Excellent inter-cultural and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to project and promote ICIMOD’s credibility and international prominence
- Capability and preparedness to raise funds
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability and preparedness to travel frequently and widely within the region and internationally
For detailed information visit: https://www.sri-executive.com/offer/?id=8558
To know about ICIMOD: www.icimod.org.