HS2 Ltd recently announced the five tech start-ups that have succeeded in the first stage of its Innovation Accelerator program.
The shortlisted companies are:
- Buildots (AI site progress tracking);
- Cloudcycle (concrete volume optimization);
- Dendra Systems (drone monitoring of tree planting);
- NatureMetrics (biodiversity monitoring); and
- Sensat (a platform that captures, visualizes and tracks infrastructure project data).
The five were chosen from 109 applicants and will receive commercial and technical support from the Innovation Accelerator together with rent-free working space as they develop their technology for HS2. After six months of development, the firms’ solutions will be showcased and pitched to industry investors and HS2’s supply chain.
BIM+ quoted Howard Mitchell, HS2 Ltd’s head of innovation, as saying that HS2 is already showcasing the very best of British skills and innovation, and the five companies shortlisted for the Innovation Accelerator have demonstrated exemplary standards and behavior of this. The size and scale of this project creates the perfect environment to encourage innovation and develop technologies that can create long-term business opportunities both in and beyond the rail and construction sectors.