US: Hexagon launched its Safe City Framework at Smart City Expo World Congress, a leading international event for smart cities. Hexagon’s Safe City Framework provides flexibility to support solutions that advance capabilities while being practical to implement within a city’s new or existing information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure.
Hexagon has been assessed as the global market leader for computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and geographic information system (GIS) software in control rooms and offers an extensive portfolio of solutions and domain expertise for other vital public services. Hexagon’s integrated solutions and coordinated capabilities amplify the benefits and impact of individual software applications to improve public services operations, increase citywide cooperation and expand stakeholder engagement.
Steven Cost, president, Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure said: “Cities must not only protect people and property but also economic activity, the environment and the public perception of the city as a safe place to live, work and visit.” He added, “Hexagon provides the connectivity, collaboration and intelligence essential to making cities safer and more resilient.”
Hexagon’s solutions serve thousands of communities around the world, from megacities like New York City and São Paulo to entire countries, like Germany and New Zealand. Supported by an extensive technology and implementation partner eco-system, and with safe city-ready components that advance city capabilities, Hexagon is uniquely positioned to realize customers’ safe city strategies.
These safe city components and capabilities include:
- Data mining and analytics solutions that help identify and mitigate risk and improve resource management and operational efficiency.
- Sensor and video intelligence solutions that improve operational capability to detect, assess and respond to incidents.
- Citizen reporting solutions that improve the ease and speed with which the public can request assistance and provide information.
- NextGen 911/112 call-taking and dispatching solutions that manage communications and critical information from multimedia sources and coordinate and track resources and situations in real time.
- Multi-agency resource management solutions that provide the information and capabilities to optimize resources across services and jurisdictions.
- Infrastructure management solutions that optimize planning and operations to better understand the condition of assets, minimize disruption to vital services and expedite recovery.
- Incident command system solutions that enable collaboration between emergency services and other city services for faster, more efficient and effective major incident planning, response, recovery, and mitigation.
- Mobile working solutions that empower personnel and increase situational awareness, while enhancing efficiency and service delivery.
- Digital records and evidence solutions that collect and manage information about people, places, and incidents to aid evidence-based investigations and decision-making.
- Dashboards and reporting solutions that make information accessible, interactive and fact-based for greater insight, visibility, and engagement.