Calgary, Canada: Hemisphere GPS announced the new S320 GNSS survey receiver, XF1 data collector and survey software. S320 combines the advanced GNSS receiver performance of Hemisphere GPS’ Eclipse II technology, precise geodetic antenna, wireless communication and batteries all in a portable, rugged unit with matching data collector. Designed to be compatible with a variety of existing surveying equipment, S320 is the ideal multi-GNSS positioning system for applications in GIS, construction, mapping, land and marine surveying.
S320 is available as a basic low cost SBAS L1 GPS receiver, with the option to enable full GNSS support and L‑Band corrections. With transmit and receive capabilities, the S320’s UHF 400 MHz or Spread Spectrum 900 MHz internal radio eliminates the need for cables on both base and rover installations. An internal GSM/GPRS modem makes S320 an ideal rover for network RTK, eliminating the hassle of external modems and cables. The XF1 data collector connects via Bluetooth to the S320 and through the Carlson SurvCE software provides a familiar and proven interface to the surveyor. Other brands of software will also be supported.
Hemisphere GPS’ SureTrack technology ensures that S320 uses every satellite it is tracking for RTK solutions, even satellites not tracked at the base. Additional benefits include fewer RTK dropouts in congested environments, faster re-acquisitions, and more robust solutions due to better cycle slip detection and the ability to process GNSS data from various manufacturers. Even if the base supports only GPS, SureTrack will process GLONASS signals at the rover to deliver complete GNSS performance.
Some of the key benefits of S320 include:
– With an SD card slot secured behind the battery door, users can safely log large amounts of monitoring data, static observation data, and extended survey projects on the included 2GB memory card.
– An auto level sensor can alert users both visually and via text message when the receiver is no longer level.
– In conjunction with Hemisphere GPS’ HQ asset tracking software, users can track the S320 location from anywhere in the world.
– Dual Bluetooth ports offer users the ability to connect a data collector at the same time as connecting another external device such as a CDMA modem or mobile phone.
– SMS messaging, allows users to communicate remotely with S320 on such indicators as battery status, signal strength, and position. The S320 can also receive text messages of site ID and height of instrument or be shut down remotely.
Source: Hemisphere GPS