Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) such as PocketPCs and Palms have a new place on the golf course thanks to an innovative new offering from LinksPoint.
StarCaddy adds a GPS receiver and easy-to-use software to PDAs to create the ultimate tool for getting accurate yardages on the golf course. StarCaddy determines the exact yardage to any course feature and takes the guesswork out of your game.
According to an informal survey of golf pros, the average golfer loses as many as six strokes per round to incorrect club selection. StarCaddy uses GPS satellite technology to give golfers the information needed to choose the right club every time and pick up strokes without practice.
- StarCaddy uses GPS to analyze the distance for every shot you make.
- Measure exact distances to the green, doglegs, sand traps, water hazards or any course feature.
- Pinpoint your exact position on the course and as you approach the green, zoom in for increased detail.
- View the tees, yardage and handicap for each hole.
- Calculate scores, track match status and side bets.
- Download maps for courses you play at home, on vacation and on business.
- StarCaddy includes a Compact Flash GPS receiver for highly accurate position and distance information.
- Palm OS version coming soon.
- StarCaddy’s GPS receiver also works with popular GPS mapping and navigation software.