Global Mapper Software made Global Mapper v4.40 available for download from https://www.globalmapper.com. Recent releases have added the capability to perform batch conversions of SDTS DEM and DLG format data to USGS DEM, AutoCAD DXF, and ESRI Shapefile formats. Support for viewing ER Mapper’s Enhanced Compressed Wavelet (ECW) raster images both locally and from the web has been added as well.
These new features contribute significant new functionality to the already much heralded feature set found in Global Mapper. Just a few of these features include:
- View most of the popular data formats, including DLG-O, DRG, DOQ, DEM, DXF, SDTS DLG, SDTS DEM, ECW, MrSID, ESRI Shapefiles, E00, GTOPO30, TerrainBase, ETOPO2, ASTER DEMs, etc.
- Crop, reproject, seam, and merge any combination of raster data, including the automatic removal of DRG collars.
- export of vector, raster, and elevation data to a variety of formats including DXF, Shapefile, GeoTIFF, USGS DEM, Surfer, Arc ASCII Grid and many more.
- Global Mapper can merge any combination of data sets, regardless of source scale, type, and projection.
- Generate contour lines for any combination of elevation data. You can also specify the contour interval to use. The generated contour data can then be exported to any of the supported vector formats, including DXF (as 3D polylines), DLG-O, and ESRI Shapefile formats.
- 3D Path Profiling and Line of Sight (LOS) capabilities, including receiver/transmitter heights, minimum clearance, and atmospheric correction options.
- Opens SDTS data sets directly from .tar.gz archives.