Vancouver, BC, CANADA, Dec. 23, 2008 – GeoWeb 2009 will take place in Vancouver, Canada July 27-31, 2009 and the organizers are currently seeking submissions for presentations and workshops at . GeoWeb is the conference focused on the collective impact of the Web on geographic information standards, architectures and technology. GeoWeb 2009 will focus on the convergence of GIS and the Internet and the economic, social and technical consequences of this convergence with a particular focus on urban environments, hence the theme of Cityscapes.
GeoWeb 2009 will feature well known keynote and invited speakers, 16 workshops and tutorials, 50+ technical presentations, panel sessions, and vendor networking opportunities. New to 2009 is a 3-day Academic/Science track on 3D modeling. No other geospatial conference provides this level of knowledge intensity.
Suggested Topics: Presentations can deal with any aspect of the following key areas:
• Geospatial technology & analysis
• GeoWeb & SDI architecture & registries
• 3D model acquisition, imagery & visualization
• Virtual worlds & media application
• Urban infrastructure, planning, design, management, protection, & BIM
• Business development & marketing
• Public health & social services
• Security, defense, privacy & intelligence
• Emergency planning, response, monitoring & analysis
• Environmental & land data management & registries
• Asset management & monitoring
• Data aggregation, integration, management, modeling & publication