Vancouver, BC, CANADA, Feb. 1, 2008–Conference organizers of GeoWeb 2008 today announced that due to popular demand, the Call for Papers deadline has been extended to March 7, 2008. The conference will take place from July 21st to July 25th, 2008 and will be held at the Morris J. Wosk Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The theme for the GeoWeb 2008 conference is Infrastructure: Local to Global.
This implies the GeoWeb has a local or community dimension as well as a global one – that the integration of local infrastructures will give rise to a global infrastructure – that global aggregators will drive the creation of local infrastructures. Papers on any aspect of these issues are welcome and key themes of the paper presentations are:
- Global aggregators and Data Communities
- GeoWeb in Security and Defense
- Real time emergency response and environmental security
- Neo-geo, user generated data and the GI professional
- CAD-BIM-GIS-Games Integration – 3D Cityscapes (Worlds Real and Virtual)
- Infrastructure for information – building alongside physical infrastructure
- Municipal SDI in the GeoWeb
- Imaging, Coverages and Information Infrastructures
Conference papers can also be submitted that address these issues in technical terms or in policy/social terms or even combinations of the above.