Hyderabad, India: Geospatial Media and Communications is glad to introduce the winners of this year’s Geospatial Excellence Awards. The ceremony took place on January 25th, during the closing of Geospatial World Forum 2017, in Hyderabad, India. Dr. Vanessa Lawrence CB, Director-General and Chief Executive, Ordnance Survey presented the awards.
Initiated in 2009, Geospatial World Award is an internationally acclaimed honor that recognizes exemplary innovations and practices in the global geospatial industry. So far, around 150 individuals and organizations have been felicitated with these awards.
The nominations were submitted under the following categories:
• Geospatial Applications Excellence Award
• Geospatial Technology Innovation Award
• Geospatial Policy Implementation Award
The winners for this year’s Geospatial Excellence Awards under the above- mentioned categories are:
• Application of Geospatial Technology in Land Services- IPICOL and IDCO, Department of Industries, Government of Odisha & Odisha Space Applications Centre, India for ‘GOiPLUS (Government of Odisha’s Industrial Portal for Land Use and Services’
• Application of Geospatial Technology in e-Governance- National Land and Mapping Center, Ministry of the Interior, Taiwan (R.O.C.) for ‘Taiwan Map Service’
• Application of Geospatial Technology in Geodetic Infrastructure- National Survey Authority (NSA), Sultanate of Oman for ‘Oman National Geoid Model (ONGM)’
• Application of Geospatial Technology in Sustainable Urbanization- Joint Research Center, European Commission for ‘Global Human Settlement Layer’
• Application of Geospatial Technology in Agriculture- Agri-Food and Fisheries Information Service (SIAP), Mexico, for ‘Detection of Sugar Cane in Mexican Territory through Satellite Images’
• Application of Geospatial Technology in Irrigation- Geokno India Pvt. Ltd. and WAPCOS Ltd. for ‘Aerial LiDAR Survey for ‘Aerial LiDAR Survey for Telangana Irrigation Projects’
• Application of Geospatial Technology in Oil and Gas- CAIRN India and Rolta for ‘MySmartView’
• Innovation in Infrastructure Monitoring- Berntsen International Inc. and Geospatial Research and Application Center, Auburn University for ‘Inframarker: RFID Location of Infrastructure Elements in a Connected World’
• Innovation in Bathymetry- EOMAP GmbH & Co. KG, ChartWorld and SevenCs for ‘freshENC: Ready to use Electronical Nautical Charts (ENCs) based on Satellite Derived Bathymetry’
• Innovation in Citizens Empowerment- cMapIT for ‘cMapIT.com’
• Innovation in Laser Scanning- Leica Geosystems AG for ‘Leica BLK360 Imaging Laser Scanner’
• World Policy Award for Data Governance- DG Environment, European Commission for developing the ‘Structured Implementation and Information Framework (SIIF)’
About Geospatial World Forum
Geospatial World Forum is known as the only conference covering the entire spectrum of geospatial technologies, workflows, policies and practices in one global platform. Founded in Hyderabad in 2007, the conference has travelled to Amsterdam, Geneva, Lisbon and Rotterdam.
About Geospatial Media and Communications
Known for its quality publication and insightful geospatial conferences, Geospatial Media and Communications is a global organization that believes in making a difference through geospatial knowledge in world economy.
Harsha [@] geospatialmedia [.] net
sanskriti [@] geospatialmedia [.] net