Ghent, Belgium: Geosparc unveiled a new suite of commercial licenses as part of an expanded strategy targeted at providing the Geomajas technology to companies that want to build commercial applications with it or that want to buy a license to use the technology for internal purposes. Licenses are Geomajas OEM License and Geomajas Internal Use License.
The purpose of a Geomajas OEM License is to enable customers to embed the technology into their own software solutions and be able to resell them to their end-users. The purpose of a Geomajas Internal Use License is to enable companies to use the technology in a closed and secure way.
Geomajas OEM License includes:
– the right to embed Geomajas in a commercial application,
– the right to resell it as part of the resulting application and the right to sell services provided by the Geomajas application framework,
– the right to receive and embed bug fix releases,
– an annual OEM upgrade fee to receive minor upgrades and an OEM service level agreement providing access to our technical support team and solution resources.
Geomajas Internal Use License includes:
– the right to use Geomajas to build an application for internal use,
– the guarantee that the open source software is legally safe to be used internally without possible IP claims,
– the right to deploy the user application (build with Geomajas) on a total (maximum) heap space defined in the terms and conditions of the license,
– the right to receive and use bugfix releases,
– an internal use annual upgrade fee to receive Geomajas minor upgrades and an internal use service level agreement providing access to our technical support team and solution resources
All commercial licenses are fully tested and supported by Geosparc professionals. The company furthermore guarantees that it is the Intellectual Property (IP) owner of the software framework Geomajas.