Home Innovations GIS GeoLocator version 1.0 launched by Digital Reasoning Systems

GeoLocator version 1.0 launched by Digital Reasoning Systems

Brentwood, USA, 12 December 2006 – Digital Reasoning Systems Inc., the intelligence-software innovator, has announced the release of GeoLocator version 1.0.

GeoLocator is a precision-based tool that extracts populated places from unstructured text, while providing their respective geo-coordinates. GeoLocator finds locations in a body of unstructured documents. Once GeoLocator determines a given term is a location, it aligns that location with GIS coordinates and outputs the aligned location using industry-standard Extensible Markup Language (XML).

This use of XML allows for easy integration into existing systems and workflow. GeoLocator works out-of-the-box with NASA World Wind mapping software, allowing for visual analysis and map-based linkages with other data.

Map-based visualization systems require GIS coordinates in order to accurately tag a map with precise location information. This, however, leaves a critical hole in those solutions when it comes to unstructured data.

Certain analysts estimate that on average only 5% of unstructured data in the IC has geospatial coordinates embedded in documents. The remaining 95% of documents which mention locations do not contain proper GIS coordinates. Intelligence analysts must manually mark-up each of these documents to extract the locations and align these locations to proper coordinates. This is a time- consuming and painstaking process.

“We know from our customers and partners that extracting and generating usable geospatial intelligence from unstructured data is a key problem for many operational concerns in the IC and other related agencies. Our approach marries the unique and powerful technologies behind our unstructured data analytics engine with effective geospatial reasoning logic to produce precise results on noisy data without substantial investments in customized training and modules that only tend to function well on a subset of a customer’s data,” said Tim Estes, Chief Executive Office for Digital Reasoning Systems.

– About Digital Reasoning
Founded in 2000, Digital Reasoning is a privately held company based in Brentwood, Tennessee. Digital Reasoning provides solutions that enable organizations to reduce costs as well as increase revenue and customer satisfaction by mining and analyzing the over 80% of data that is unstructured and currently untapped. Digital Reasoning is headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, USA. For more info visit: https://www.digitalreasoning.com/