UK: The international showcase for the geospatial industry, GEO Business, has unveiled its cutting-edge commercial workshop programme for 2017. Featuring more than 80 workshops from 200 international exhibitors, GEO Business is expected to attract over 3,000 visitors from around the world. Held at the Business Design Centre in London, UK on 23-24 May, the workshops and exhibition are all FREE to attend.
Tailored specifically to equip geomatics and geospatial professionals with practical demos of the latest research, services and technology in action, the 80-strong workshop line-up covers everything from automation, multi-channel GPR, topographic surveying, and wearable technology to 3D modelling and visualisation, hyperspectral imaging, UAV developments, and laser scanning.
“Visitors to this year’s GEO Business will be treated to our most exciting line-up of hands-on commercial workshops yet,” says show director Caroline Hobden.
“They’ll enjoy opportunities to experience first-hand, ground breaking new products and services from leading industry innovators. Many of which won’t be exhibiting at any other event in the UK this year. Being able to compare what’s on offer in the market, and get advice and inspiration to ensure you make the best decisions for your business, is what makes GEO Business such an invaluable experience to the thousands of visitors that attend every year,” she continued.
The full line-up is now online to view at www.geobusinessshow.com/wp-content/uploads/GEO-Business-2017-Workshop-Programme-07.03.17.pdf
Workshop highlights include:
- Next generation condition reporting and assessment using artificial intelligence and robotics as a service: Learn how these emerging and disruptive technologies can deliver far reaching gains in productivity and capability (hosted by SCISYS UK)
- Reality modelling: The capture of infrastructure assets’ as-operated conditions, by the use of simple photos or point clouds into a reality mesh (hosted by Bentley Systems International)
- HERON The wearable mobile surveying system: Indoor or outdoor applications, walking or driving configuration able to provide 3D real time mapping, real time localisation, change detection analysis and a powerful software brain to adjust and optimise scans (hosted by Gexcel)
- Using MAPublisher to create quality maps: Output to HTML5, GeoPDF and the Avenza Maps app, using a wide range of GI tools in the Adobe Illustrator software (hosted by XYZ Maps)
- NTM, the country’s most detailed tree map: Updated and upgraded. What’s changed, and who’s using it? (hosted by Bluesky International)
- Ordnance Survey: Catch up with the latest news on products, services and apps
- Hyperspectral Imaging: To support Design and Maintenance of Infrastructure Corridors (hosted by Cyient)
- Answering the biggest questions from space: How satellite imagery is set to unlock deeper insights for governments and business (hosted by Earth-i)
“We’re very much looking forward to GEO Business 2017, and the opportunity to share ideas and innovations around satellite data with delegates in both our workshop session and on our stand. This is an important event on our calendar for this year,” says Jonathan Summer, business development director at Earth -i UK.
Inspiring industry innovators
A few decades ago, few could have foreseen some of the technological advancements that now seem commonplace. The geospatial industry has certainly seen its share of game-changers. Applying these changes – and figuring out what’s next – is an over-arching theme at GEO Business 2017. In addition to the workshops and presentations, the show will feature 200 exhibitors and a packed conference programme of cutting-edge Keynotes offering real-time insights into the challenges and opportunities ahead. The exhibitor list is available to view online at www.geobusinessshow.com/exhibition/exhibitors.
GEO Business will take place on 23-24 May at the Business Design Centre in London, UK. For further information, and to register for a free ticket to attend the exhibition and workshops, please visit www.geobusinessshow.com/register CPD points are available at all workshops and conference sessions (conference prices start from £15 per day).