New Delhi, India: GIS Development honoured seven projects from Asia-pacific region with Geospatial Excellence Awards during Map Asia 2010 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The award is a premier private award in Asia-Pacific region. It honours the best of geospatial applications to encourage the adoption and furthering of geospatial science and technologies by organisations from the Asia Pacific region.
Organisations felicitated with the award include:
1) The Land Administration and Management Project (LAMP), Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Philippines – Towards the usage of Geospatial technology for “Land Administration”.
2) Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Malaysia – In appreciation of the usage of Geospatial technology for “Power Distribution”.
3) The Seoul Metropolitan Government, South Korea – For innovative usage of Geospatial technology for “Local Government”.
4) The Osaka Gas Co. Ltd. Japan – For making a remarkable usage of Geospatial technology for “Utility Services”
5) The Sujala Project, ANTRIX – ISRO, India – For the integrated usage of Geospatial technology for “Rural Development”.
6) The Brunei Shell Petroleum Company, Brunei – For measurable contribution towards the usage of Geospatial Technology for “Oil & Gas”.
7) Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia – For Successfully Implementing Geospatial Technology for “Transportation”.
Source: GIS Development