The fifth annual ESRI Telecommunications and Location- Based Services Summit will be held on August 8, 2004, at the Convention Center in San Diego, California. Since the year 2000, professionals have been gathering annually with ESRI, to share knowledge about their telecommunications and LBS initiatives.
The summit will begin with a plenary session and keynote presentation and continue with focused breakout sessions for telecommunications and location-based services papers. The summit will run the day before the Twenty-fourth Annual ESRI International User Conference begins. Attendance at the summit is only $75.
ESRI is now accepting abstracts from those interested in presenting at the summit. The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2004. User presentations and paper topics can come from a wide variety of areas. The 2004 topic interests include
· Telecommunication Operations
· Data requirements and issues related to telecommunication operations
· Enterprise usage of GIS by telecommunication providers
· GIS-based network management and optimization tools
· Telecommunication application development on the ESRI platform Location-Based Services
· Uses for GIS Web services in location-based application engineering
· GIS service-oriented architecture implementations within information technology (IT) to support mobile location-based services
· Commercial GIS data availability in location-based services
· Wireless carrier Web services for location-based application development
· Commercial software development kits for mobile location-based application development
· Location-based productivity applications targeted at return on investment (ROI) value