UK geoportal emapsite has improved its portfolio of spatial address products under a new partnership with postcode GIS specialist Geoplan. The supply agreement gives emapsite’s customers easy access to some of the most accurate and up to date postcode geography data on the market.
The Geoplan products, created using Royal Mail’s Postcode Address File and definitive, highly detailed Ordnance Survey mapping, are ideal for localised planning and analysis. Applications include demographic profiling, drive time analysis, retail planning, market research and defining sales, service, franchise and dealer territories.
Geoplan products available from emapsite include:
– Geoplan XT, designed for detailed applications that demand the highest level of postcode boundary accuracy and continual update
– Geoplan Pro, including boundaries for postcode areas, districts and sectors as well as the UK’s 1.8 million individual postcode units
– Postcode Address File, a Royal Mail database of address details for every household in the UK
– Drivetime Tables providing approximate drive times between postcode sectors
– Geoplan Census Data, including demographic data based on Census 2001 output areas
– Consumer data for customer profiling and identifying behaviours for households by postcode
Through emapsite, customers log in to their management portal to download the data that has been ordered from Geoplan. As the data source is continually enhanced, customers can stay up to date with amendments on the ground caused by property development, redevelopment and house or street name changes
he agreement with Geoplan is the latest enhancement to emapsite’s service which provides access to a range of digital geographic content. Customers, partners, integrators and suppliers use emapsite to source mapping, aerial photography, addressing, height data, historical maps and environmental reports.