The President of China, Xi Jinping, and President Dilma Rousseff have signed, on July 17, 32 acts of cooperation in various fields. Among them, the data sharing of remote sensing satellites, agreed between the Brazilian Space Agency (AEB) and the China National Space Administration (CNSA).
On a ceremony at the Presidential Palace, AEB’s President, José Raimundo Coelho, signed the Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Data and Applications of Remote Sensing Satellites between the two countries.
Among the forms of cooperation is free remote sensing in a timely manner in case of natural disaster. The following areas were agreed:
- Earth observation and data exchange;
- Training of specialists in remote sensing activities;
- Application of satellite data, research and product development and evaluation of data; reception, processing and distribution of satellite data;
- International trade services of specific satellite data;
- International cooperation with third parties in remote sensing activities and instruments;
The agreement is effective for three years and will be run by the Center for Data Resources Satellite Data and Satellite Application of China (CRESDA) and the National Institute for Space Research (INPE).
Source: Coordenação de Comunicação Social (CCS-AEB)