UK: The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference witnessed the release of Bentley OpenUtilities. This new family of apps enables utilities to design, map, and manage their networks with high precision and efficiency. It is, in fact, superior to Utilities Designer and sisNET because it enable utilities to increase productivity, accelerate projects, and reduce software costs.
- Design electric, gas, and water distribution networks, as well as wastewater and district energy networks
- Estimate material and work costs
- Create, assign, manage, and approve work orders in stand-alone mode or through integration with work management systems
- Maintain utilities network models and maps
- Improve network management with reports and analysis such as network tracing, leak detection, and outage planning