Canada: Avenza Systems announced the release of MAPublisher 8.3 for Adobe Illustrator. It is the latest version of mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data for both print and electronic distribution which now offers support for the new version of Adobe Illustrator, CS5.
MAPublisher 8.3 for Adobe Illustrator is free of charge to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher, version 8.2, for all new customers using Adobe Illustrator CS3, CS4 and CS5.
MAPublisher 8.3 includes all the significant functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher as well as the following new features and enhancements. New Features of MAPublisher 8.3 for Adobe Illustrator include:
– Compatibility with Adobe Illustrator CS5 for both Mac and Windows.
– New Line Plotter function to create polylines by entering coordinates or the distance and bearing values between points.
– Import MAP Objects to copy MAP objects between documents, including Stylesheets and MAP Selections.
– Enhanced MAP Selection functionality offering additional selection options including spatial, art and attribute.
– New knockout function for easily creating knockouts for text objects.
– Buffer Art function to create area objects around points and lines.
– MAP Attribute Panel enhancements and optimisations.
– New Layer Notes functionality to record information including original dataset path, format, co-ordinate system, object count and date.
– Enhanced export to Geospatial PDF functionality now offers control over exported layers with attributes, ability to easily assign attribute values to be used as object names, item sort order and round-trip data control.
– MAPublisher Spatial Database import system for ESRI geodatabases now included (Windows only).
– New functionality to create MAP Views from Adobe Photoshop paths (Geographic Imager license required).