Toronto, ON, December 8, 2008 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop announces the release of MAPublisher 8.0 for Adobe Illustrator. MAPublisher 8.0 is the latest version of this mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data for both print and electronic distribution.
MAPublisher 8.0 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product upgrade that is free of charge to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher, version 7.6.3, for all new customers using Adobe Illustrator CS2, CS3 or CS4.
MAPublisher 8.0 includes all the significant functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher as well as the following new features and enhancements.
New features of the release include:
• Support for Adobe Illustrator CS4
• MAP Web Author Tool for automatic creation of interactive Flash maps
• MAP Vector Crop Tool
• Dockable MAPublisher Toolbar
• New and improved MAP Point Plotter with Plot Centroids function
• Enhanced KML export support,
• New format support for S-57 (import) & GML – Simple Features (import and export).
• Enhanced MAP Views Editor
• Enhanced MAP Attributes interface
• New and improved Simplify Line functionality
• New data import optimization with import times reduced by as much as 80%
• Improved MAP View and MAP Stylesheets panels
• New MAPublisher License Management system
• Various other user interface improvements and performance enhancements to improve usability